Several researchers from the ASyMMus and DML projects prominently contributed to the high-profile international workshop “Music Similarity: Concepts, Cognition and Computation“.
The workshop gathered experts on music similarity from Computer Science, Musicology, Music Psychology and related scientific fields. In a highly-motivated series of workgroups and talks, our researchers collaborated with other experts in the field in theoretical concepts and computer models of music similarity.
Main areas that were addressed :
* Relationship of similarity and categorisation
* Embedding similarity in context
* Perception and cognition of similarity
* Similarity modelling
* Similarity in music content – music analysis
* Similarity in music expression
Results include a roadmap for interdisciplinary music similarity research as well as future collaborations across scientific fields.